Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Colt LOVES School!

These are a little outdated, but were just posted on the school's site. I know some people questioned our decision of putting Colt in school five days a week at 2 years old, but I can honestly say this boy LOVES school and it has been a gift to all of us to have him in five days this year, giving me the much needed time to bond with Cade! His teachers are just outstanding and have worked with me hand-in-hand to get through some challenges with Colt's aggression and adjustment to baby brother and sharing mommy! I just could not be more pleased...and I thought I couldn't love his teachers any more than I did last year!

Colt,
I am truly amazed at all you have learned...you come home singing new songs, teaching me new prayers before we eat, and have made such wonderful friends that truly do enrich your days...It is so fun that your language is developed enough that you can tell me about your days, who was absent, what you ate for snack, the circle time activity, who you hit, how many times you were in time-out....I have to say I love your honestly...I know that will soon change, so trying to savor that while it lasts!

I honestly love you more and more each day. You are a little companion now, correcting me during our daily routine if I miss something, encouraging me (e.g., asking me "Mommy are you sad?" "Mommy, you ok?"), and coming up periodically, grabbing my leg, giving it a hug and saying, "Mommy, I love you." Gosh, boy...it gets BETTER and BETTER! I am trying to soak it all up while it lasts because soon enough you will be in that rebellion phase and be embarrassed of your parents. You are such a sweet spirited boy and we continue to work on channeling that endless amount of energy you have in positive ways. Love you SOOO much!