Friday, February 10, 2012

Cade at Eight Months!



It is hard for me to believe my boy is now 8 months old!!! He is a MOVER and SHAKER these days and I haven't been able to get a good 8 month pic of him, so this video will have to work for the time being. Here are some notes from this month:



  • ON THE MOVE: Yes, this boy is on the move, making my life exponentially more difficult. The minute you put him down he charges towards the closest point of interest. His crawl still resembles a scoot, but he is FAST! He also is a super solid sitter and can go from sitting to crawling, back up to the sitting position.

  • Vowel sounds - He is talking more and squealing less...more "ba,ba,ba" and "da,da,da"...still waiting on "ma,ma" ;)

  • Sleep - This is one we continue to work desperately on and even consulted with a baby sleep expert. (Yes, I am getting desperate.) She very bluntly told me I absolutely had to cut out the night time feedings and I should not pick him up out of the crib to soothe him overnight. Instead, we go into his room, stroke the bridge of his nose, and shush him, and promptly leave. His crying is getting less and less, which is wonderful news because listening to him cry is painful for me! We are going on about 10 nights of this routine and it seems to be working, although we still have good nights and difficult nights....But, at least I have cut out the night time feedings! HOORAY!!!!

  • Eating - He is still nursing and I am supplementing with 4-8 oz of formula a day. I caught a horrible stomach virus the beginning of this week which has hurt my milk supply, so trying to build it back up...I am really trying to make it to a year for my boy, but we will see if my body will cooperate! He continues to love his solids, eating 3 times a day now. We will be starting finger foods soon.

  • Being Outside - This boy, like his brother, loves to be outside in the fresh air! If he is a little fussy, it calms him right down.

  • Books - He loves books with baby faces...he giggles and smiles through the story...super cute!

Cade-man, it is hard to believe you are 8 months...but each day does seem to get more fun with you as your personality comes out more and more. What a blessing you are to all of us! Love you, boy!