In the spirit of Houston and realizing that both my boys are Texans, we went to the rodeo parade downtown on Saturday morning! Colt had been studying the rodeo all week at school, so this was a good way to kick off the rodeo season. I plan to take him to the actual rodeo over his Spring Break!
Here is daddy with his two boys before the start of the parade! Don't you love Colt's cowboy hat and Mardi Gras beads?! He insists on wearing his hat sideways!

Colt's favorite things were Miss Moo (see her on this float), the floats, and MARCHING BANDS! He loved the bands. He also loved waving the American flags they passed out at the start of the parade!

Another float...there were also TONS of horses that Colt wanted to know all about. I told him mama really didn't know a thing about horses, he needed to ask his Nini! I think I know what a Clydesdale is...hopefully I didn't tell him that wrong!

And a picture of me with boy 2...he really was a trooper. It was a loud environment for a morning nap, but he took a quick snooze in his stroller, watched the parade, and then took a good nap when we got home around lunch time. What a fun outing with my boys! We are so blessed to live in such a great city that provides so many wonderful opportunities for our little ones! Now, we just need to keep practicing saying "Yee-Haw" and "Howdy!" LOL!