Kevin and I woke up celebrating this morning - we made it to 32 WEEKS! This was the absolute minimum we were hoping and praying the baby could make it to, and we made it! We are so, so thankful! Now, if our little one can hang in there and keep baking long enough for his lungs to develop, we will be overjoyed!
At 32 weeks the baby is between 15 and 17 inches long and weighs about 4 to 4 1/2 pounds. Nearly all babies born at this age survive the challenges of premature birth. The layer of soft, downy hair that has covered his skin for the past few months — known as lanugo — starts to fall off this week. As space in the uterus becomes more cramped, the baby's kicks and other movements may seem less forceful. Although, I still feel him moving a lot!
My doctor's appointment was not too eventful other than the doctor was running almost two hours behind because of some unexpected delivery issue this morning. I don't mind waiting, though. I am just thankful the issue wasn't with me and that the doctor could be there for the woman who needed her more than I did! My weight, blood pressure, and measurement were all on target. Our next ultrasound was moved up one day to May 19, so I will be sure to post an update then. We continue to pray that the placenta continues to move upwards and for no bleeding. We are so, so thankful for each day we can get through - although I am not sure how much more stretching I can handle! ;)