Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Counting Each Day!

We are getting more and more ready for our baby to arrive! Physically, it cannot come quickly enough for me. I can definitely tell the baby is putting on some MAJOR weight! He is averaging 9 oz a week and it is really weighing me down! :) We are so thankful for each day he can bake and I continue to be amazed with each day we get through without any scares! Sometimes I am overwhelmed with emotion by God's grace and protection over me and our little one!

We are inching closer and closer to 34 weeks - we will be there Thursday. I have read that 34 weeks is like the third place, bronze medal, 35 weeks is the silver and 36 is the gold medal, grand trophy prize. Of course, I continue to pray we can make it to full-term at 37 weeks, but the baby is measuring so big I am wondering how much further we can make it!

Unfortunately, I am starting to get some bad bruising on my upper thigh and some more prominent veins appearing in my leg. And, I noticed some small stretch marks on the side of my belly. I knew it was inevitable as Baby V started to pack on the pounds! I feel a bit like I am being beat up, but am thrilled each day we get through!

We have now finished our baby preparation classes. Last week we took the infant care class and learned how to swaddle, bathe, burp, and comfort a newborn. I am also finishing up the book Happiest Baby on the Block, which I LOVE so far! The theory of comforting a fussy baby makes so much sense! And, on Saturday evening we took the infant CPR class, which was extremely informative! We also got the car seat put in the car. Now I just need to run it by the police station and make sure it is in there correctly!

Tomorrow is our doctor's appointment, so I will provide an update after that! I am very excited and a little nervous to hear what she says about these last few weeks. I have been so concentrated on keeping Baby V baking, that I have not thought too much on his delivery. Now, I am starting to get more and more nervous about him getting out!