Monday, May 18, 2009

More Fun Stuff!

Over the past week or two Baby V has gotten some really neat things to help welcome him home! First, we hung some stars in the nursery, that will go over his rocker once it gets in. We love the stars! They look so neat when the room is dark and we light them up - it is like the nursery's own starry night! Kevin is holding a quilt that was made for him when he was a baby by his great-grandmother! I am so amazed his mom held onto it for so many years! How special it is!
Here are some of the other fun things that we have received as gifts for Baby V - his first pair of sunglasses and a fun summer outfit, some John Deer socks, a neck wrap for mom that looks like a golden retriever (for those long nights), a diaper bag, and a really cool ladybug that lights up with three different color stars that appear on the ceiling!
Kevin also put together the baby swing this weekend - one proud daddy (although a little tired looking!)And here's mom - looking more pregnant than ever! And, I am wearing a NEW dress! One of my friends lent me some of her maternity clothes to tie me through these next few weeks! I thought this was SO SWEET!

I have mentioned the comments I have received - well this weekend Kevin and I got a TRUE experience. We ran into Tuesday Morning to pick up something really quickly. The lady at the counter checking us out leant over the counter and started feeling my belly. She said she was an OB nurse for 20 years and then proceeded to feel my whole entire belly. She told me we were definitely having a girl and that the baby hadn't dropped yet, but I was already having contractions and if I wasn't feeling them yet, I would be soon. Kevin stood there stunned and I wasn't sure what to say! It was SO strange - literally she was pressing my tummy all over for about 5 minutes. When we got home Kevin said, "Maybe it is a girl." My only response was that if it was a little girl, she would have to be happy with a lot of blue stuff! :) And, I haven't had ANY contractions that I have felt (PRAISE GOD). I think it was good for Kevin to see what I have been dealing with everywhere I go. Since he has been working so much, he hasn't really seen all the comments/suggestions I get when I leave the house!