The news on the placenta is status quot - it is still a partial previa in a left-lateral anterior position. The good news is the "meaty" part of the placenta is not covering the cervix, but there is a portion of the placenta still on the cervix. At this point it is guaranteed that I will have a C-section, the question is when. Dr. Kirshon recommends not waiting past 37 weeks because if I start dilating then the bleeding starts, which can become a dangerous situation for me and the baby. Originally Dr. Dryden had said 38 weeks. So, we will just have to wait to talk to Dr. Dryden next Wednesday at our appointment. She is the doctor that delivers.
Kevin and I continue to be VERY optimistic because the baby is growing so well and has "excellent" blood flow through the umbilical cord. I am still very nervous about the bleeding because the cervix is now 3.2 cm, and anything shorter than 3 is a cause for concern. But given how much the baby weighs, it is natural that the cervix is going to thin. Thankfully, I am not dilating yet. So each day he is in there, the better it is!
I did get two pictures, although they really aren't great because the baby is getting so squished in there. It is still surreal to me that our little one could be joining us in 4 or less weeks - YIKES! I sure hope we are ready - it still all seems a bit surreal! Thanks for your continued prayers and support throughout this entire pregnancy! It means more than you know! Please continue to keep us in prayer as we edge towards the big arrival!

