Friday, March 25, 2011

Resilient Boy!

Just wanted to let you all know Colt's ear tube procedure went well yesterday. He really did remarkably well through the whole thing and didn't even wake up from the anesthesia grumpy, like they had warned about. He just wanted to cuddle with mommy and Mickey (his stuffed lovey his good friend L brought him back from Disney World.)

On the way home he wanted to drink his diluted apple juice. We don't usually give him juice because he chugs it (and it is horrible for his teeth), but I thought this was a special occasion. So, the chugging began. When we got home he wanted his "toast." (Toast with almond butter is another new favorite around here.) As I was carrying him around and making toast, he threw up ALL over me, the floor, the counter, EVERYWHERE! It certainly scared him a little bit, too! Thankfully it was just water/juice, but I guess chugging that after not eating for over 12 hours and having general anesthesia wasn't a great idea. But, he then sat in his booster, ate his toast and then asked to go see "Gigi" and "Emma" his school friends. So, I loaded him in the car, he ran into school to play and didn't even bat an eye when I left. When I picked him up, he was super happy and we had a delightful afternoon at the park with him kicking the ball all over the place and running the hills. I truly am amazed at his resilience. I just love him SO much!

(And as an added bonus - he slept through the night last night! YAY - lets hope this trend continues!)

Thanks again for all the concern! It means the world to us!