Tuesday, March 29, 2011

21 Months!

No cute pics to post today, but just wanted to note some fun things our sweet little boy is up to at 21 months! Yes, that's right, he is less than 3 months away from the big TWO! And, blessedly, he continues to be so much happier after this second set of tubes. The week before the tubes were put in he was throwing 45 minute tantrums for no reason and I thought it might just be another horrible phase we had to get through. But, since these last set of tubes, none of this has happened, and I am just praying it continues!

  • Go Dog, Go!!! - This is Colt's FAVORITE book BY FAR! He would read it 50 times a day and gets so excited every time we read it shouting, "big dog" and "go, go, go" - flailing his hands around with such excitement he knocks me in the face!

  • Climbing - He has really mastered the art of climbing on jungle gyms, adult furniture, going down slides, up the stairs, etc. It is hard for me to let him do these things independently because I always just want to keep him safe and out of harms way, but I am trying to give him more independence.

  • Night, Night - Colt is now asking for night, night. Yes, sometimes I have to pinch myself and ask if this is my child. But, he will sometimes even choose going night, night over reading another story before bed. He also loves to put his stuffed animals night, night - especially his stuffed Mickey his friend L brought him back from Disney World. He lays Mickey on the boppy pillow, puts a binky in his mouth, covers him up, and kisses him good-night. Absolutely precious!

  • Running, Kicking, Throwing - Colt continues to have an affection for balls and is SO GOOD at running, kicking, and throwing them - although as his mama, I know I am biased. But, Kevin and I are in AWE with his agility with balls!

  • Trains and Trucks - The boy is OBSESSED - need I say more?! He got to get close to a "big truck" this weekend and ran circles around it for 30 minutes, kissing the wheels, and giving it his binky. All he will wear is train shirts and emphatically tells me, "NO!" if I try to put anything else on him. Yes, he is OBSESSED!

  • Hates Brushing His Teeth - This is new and I think it is part of his age and a control/independence thing. But, our nightly brushing sessions have turned into a wrestling match ending up with me pinning Colt on a bed to brush his teeth. It is no fun for any involved, but better than letting his teeth rot out of his head!

  • Baths with Daddy - Any night Kevin is home, he has been giving Colt his bath and Colt MUCH prefers daddy to mommy at bath time. Precious is the only word for it! The sweet sounds of laughing and splashing and the aftermath of a VERY WET bathroom floor is priceless.

  • "Mommy!" - No, I am not annoyed by it even a little bit, just yet! I LOVE the way Colt calls for me when he wakes up from his nap or in the morning. It melts my heart each and every time.

  • Somersaults - And, just in the last few days Colt has mastered the somersault on his own and boy has he been practicing, doing up to 100 somersaults a day! It makes me dizzy just watching him and he REALLY wants the praise, so a lot of cheering and clapping is required.

I think that sums up the excitement from this past month. We love you so much sweet one!