Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy March!

It is hard to believe it is March and time just continues to tick away! I haven't been great about taking pictures this week, but just a few funny and cute things I wanted to note about Colt this week! Goodness do these little ones change by the DAY!
  1. Colors - Colt now recognizes and loves the color BLUE! Blue binky, blue swing, blue clothes, etc. He's my blue boy!
  2. Intsy-winsy spider - Yesterday at the YMCA playgroup I saw him listening to the music and doing the hand movements for this song, which I didn't even realized he knew! So this morning Kevin and I sang it to him and he did the hand movements, including the spider going up the web and the sun coming out! We were in AH! We tried to video it the fourth time, but by then he was too interested in the camera, not in the song - SORRY! Maybe we will try again.
  3. 45 minutes at home - Yes, Colt and I do seem to be on the run all the time these days! It is just really a life saver for me because when we are in the house it is a destruction zone! Here's a peek into a 45 minute window after his nap on Monday -
    2:00 - start playing in the water in the sink (take his diaper off so he can get soaked)
    2:20 - wants to get out of the sink, as I try to wipe up all the water he has spilled all over the counter he wants to pull every last thing out of the tupperware drawer
    2:30- I start putting everything back in the tupperware drawer
    2:35 - Colt runs around the island then I hear him yell "PEE-PEE" and I look back and he is standing in a hug puddle of pee
    2:37 - I rush to clean it up as Colt tries to "help" me
    2:40 - I go to get the floor cleaner and Colt runs after me, slipping and falling on the floor and starts screaming
    2:45 - I pin Colt down, put his diaper on, get him dressed and quickly get him ready to get in the wagon to go to the park.
  4. Mommy/Daddy - Colt now labels all women he doesn't know as "mommy" and all men he doesn't know as "daddy". So when we are out, reading a story, etc. he points to them and says mommy, daddy, etc. The really funny one was my friend was wearing a superhero t-shirt and he pointed to the superhero and said, "daddy!" Well, kind of, I guess?!

Thankfully Colt seems to have recovered from his ear infection! I also have been reading him a picture book (no words) of a mommy and daddy bringing home the baby. It is interesting to see his response to the book, but really the only thing he is interested in is the "papa" in the book - not at all in the baby! But, when one of Colt's really lovey friends asked me to pick her up at playgroup on Tuesday, he put his arm out and said, "No! My mama!" It should be an interesting transition for all of us! For now, I am just going to try to enjoy the calm before the storm! Hope to get some pictures up soon!