Soooo, now that I am in the third trimester (as of last Tuesday), guess what I get to do, other than grow into the size of a house?! Yes, thats right - GIVE UP ALL DAIRY! Fun, fun! Kevin and I were at the store this morning and before checking out, I was like, shoot, we have to put back this, and that, and this and that (including my favorite chicken burgers and granola bars!) because they have dairy in them. Yes, I know this is all for a good cause, but goodness, it is a flashback to how hard it was to give up dairy when I was nursing Colt.
So, sweet baby, we just want to give you the best chance at never, ever, ever having to experience the horrible digestive problems your poor brother Colt did. And, honestly, giving up dairy is such a small price to pay for you to have a much easier first few months of life. I would do anything to not have to put you through the agony of such digestive distress and I do hope and pray I can nurse you as long as I nursed Colt. So, in an effort to make everyone in the houses lives easier (and after consulting multiple pediatricians and lactation consultants advice), I have decided to get off the dairy before you arrive so that there is no chance it is left in my system when you start nursing. Baby boy, we love you more than you know! And, each day I get more excited to meet you and for you to meet your wonderful daddy and big brother!
Love, Mama