I have been missing Ginger so much this weekend, hoping and praying we made the right decision to let her go to her "forever home" in Baytown. Well, tonight I received the following email from her new doggie "mom" and it absolutely made my day!!
Hi Courtney,
I just wanted to give you an update on how Ginger is doing…
Ginger is perfect! She is a great fit for us so far. When I brought her home, she spent time exploring the house and then settled down quickly with a toy. She pretty much ignores the cats, and just sniffs them, Ginger absolutely LOVES my husband and follows him EVERYWHERE! Ginger is a big eater, wolfing her food down in about 2 minutes! We live on an acre that backs up to a lake, and Ginger seems to love running full speed across the yard. She has already found the lake – jumping into it after a bird! She sleeps soundly the entire night in a dog bed in our room, but poor thing, she gets up when we get up with the baby. Ginger is very gentle with my son – I know that Grant will enjoy growing up with her. We have left her free inside the house a few times to run errands, and haven’t had any anxiety issues so far. She definitely wants to go with us, but she doesn’t protest too much when we tell her to “stay” inside.
I’ll take some pictures for you soon, but Ginger is doing great with us! I have a follow-up visit with the vet tomorrow morning, so I’ll let you know how that goes.
Talk to you soon!
Brooke