Friday, February 27, 2009

Good-bye Ginger!

It has been a very emotional morning around here. Little Miss Ginger has gone to her forever home. I don't think I really realized how attached I was to her. I knew we would just be fostering her, but we had really fallen in love with her and she was my little shadow following me everywhere. A really nice family south of Houston (in the Baytown area) wanted to adopt her. They lost their springer two months ago from cancer. They had adopted their previous dog from the Springer Rescue. It was a puppy mill puppy and had no teeth and serious skin issues. The family seems very good at taking care of special needs dogs and the new doggie mom, Brooke, seemed just wonderful. All and all we know given our situation we did what was best for Ginger, it is just going to be a rough few days around here. I am going to miss my shadow...