Today we are 18 weeks!! The sweet boy is now the size of a sweet potato (approx 5.6 inches and 6.7 oz) and has mastered the art of yawning! He is moving around a lot these days passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. I think I may have felt a few movements, but it is hard to tell. Also, a protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born.We also got the results of the open neural tube defects test earlier this week. The results came back negative, which means there is a low probability our baby has spina bifida, etc. We are SO, SO thankful! We just continue to hope and pray our little one is healthy.
I continue to feel great and thank God for this each and every day! My baby bump is starting to show a bit more and it is very strange watching my belly expand. My belly button is kind of lopsided. I am getting by wearing yoga pants and maternity shirts that are just a bit longer so my tummy doesn't poke out. So no "real" maternity outfits just yet. I know my time is coming, so I will enjoy each day without them.
In the meantime the foster dog, Ginger, is keeping me busy. Her newest thing this morning was hiding under the bed. She got into the bathroom trash and shredded some tissue, leaving it all over the bedroom floor. Kevin came in and goes "Oh, NO!" He wasn't even that loud. She was terrified and hid under the bed for an hour. Poor thing! There is no telling what was done to her in the past. Kevin felt HORRIBLE and keeps calling from work to see if she is OK. I just hope this doesn't become a recurring problem!
Tomorrow is our level 2 anatomy scan, so please, please keep us in prayer. This is our last major milestone to check for any abnormalities in the baby, so we just hope and pray we make it through with flying colors!! They will take another look at the placenta in the scan, too, so we continue to pray it is moving just where it should be!! :) I will provide an update and hopefully some pictures from the scan this weekend.