All in all our scan yesterday went GREAT!!!!!!! Baby Voelte looks VERY healthy and Kevin and I are just THRILLED!! And, honestly, that doesn't even come close to expressing how happy and relieved we are that our boy looks so good! Kevin wanted to ask the doctor if the baby's throwing arm looked strong, but I told him if he asked this I would be really mad! ;) So, he didn't ask! Of course, I keep telling Kevin to be prepared for a boy that loves art and music and has no interest in football. But, Kevin just tells me I am crazy! During the scan the doctor started with the baby's brain and measured all the different parts of
it to make sure they were developing correctly. Then he moved to the heart. We could see each of the four chambers and the blood pumping through it. SO COOL! Then he took a look at the kidneys - they are both there and look good! Next he confirmed that there is a now a 100% chance the baby is a boy (and even gave a picture with the proof which I could have probably lived without!). Then he moved on to the abdomen and looked at the intestines. He measured all the limbs to make sure the growth is going well (meaning no dwarfism, etc.) and we could see the toes, ankles, hands and fingers. The baby had his fingers and hand right up by his face through the whole scan. The baby is still measuring a whole week big (yesterday he was 19 weeks 1 day). He weighs 9 oz and is a little over 6 inches long. And, at this point the baby is breech, but the doctor reassured us that the baby's positioning at this point is nothing to be concerned about - but we will see! Kevin and I were both overjoyed with the results and the doctor reiterated how healthy our little one looks! Such a blessing!!
it to make sure they were developing correctly. Then he moved to the heart. We could see each of the four chambers and the blood pumping through it. SO COOL! Then he took a look at the kidneys - they are both there and look good! Next he confirmed that there is a now a 100% chance the baby is a boy (and even gave a picture with the proof which I could have probably lived without!). Then he moved on to the abdomen and looked at the intestines. He measured all the limbs to make sure the growth is going well (meaning no dwarfism, etc.) and we could see the toes, ankles, hands and fingers. The baby had his fingers and hand right up by his face through the whole scan. The baby is still measuring a whole week big (yesterday he was 19 weeks 1 day). He weighs 9 oz and is a little over 6 inches long. And, at this point the baby is breech, but the doctor reassured us that the baby's positioning at this point is nothing to be concerned about - but we will see! Kevin and I were both overjoyed with the results and the doctor reiterated how healthy our little one looks! Such a blessing!!We hope you enjoy the pictures! I am not a huge fan of the 4D pictures because they look a bit distorted, but we have to be happy with what we get! At this point the baby is too big to take a full picture of, so I posted the ones of his face and hands.
So that is all the good news! The other news is that the doctor did check my placenta. Up to now it is being stubborn, staying right over the cervix. It is just a tiny piece laying right on top, so we continue to hope and pray God works his miracles and that the placenta MOVES! The high-risk doctor yesterday told us 80-90% will self-correct, but because it is a full previa, it is less likely to do so. It is interesting how each doctor tells you different things. My regular OB (who will deliver) said she didn't anticipate it being a problem for delivery at all. So the waiting game continues. For me this is exceptionally hard because I just want to "fix" everything. But, this is one I just have to sit back and wait to see what happens. The doctor said there really is NOTHING I can do to prevent bleeding, so I just have to hope and pray for the best. It makes me nervous, but it truly is forcing me to TRUST that God is in control and that if it is His will for Baby V to join us strong and healthy, he will! We go back to the high-risk doctor in 6 weeks (when I am 24 weeks along) to see how the placenta is coming along and make a game plan at that point. So, we will keep you updated. Please keep this in your prayers. We know it will all work out according to God's will! Kevin and I just have to have patience (which as most of you know is NOT our strong suit!!).