Thursday, February 19, 2009

Half-way There and the Length of a Carrot!

We are officially half-way through the pregnancy today - whoo-hoo!! I am 20 weeks, although the baby is measuring 21 weeks, which is a great thing in case he decides to come a little early! I am feeling him move more and more each day! It is truly amazing!! His favorite time to move is when I am in bed reading/watching TV right before I go to sleep. It feels like he is doing acrobatics in there! It is truly miraculous to believe our little one is flipping around, kicking and punching inside me. We are SO excited to meet him, but we have a lot of preparation to do before he gets here!!

My belly continues to grow and grow. This picture was actually taken last Sunday. It is very strange for me to see my belly expand (no luck trying to suck-it-in at this point!) but I know it is all for a great reason! It just feels so weird moving around with the "bump" in the way. Kevin keeps telling me to get used to it and it is only going to get "worse." Love the sympathy! HAHA! :) I know he is right, though.

The baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound (WOW) and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. The baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

Our next dr's appt in February 26th (a week from today), so I will be sure to post an update then. We pray for all good news!