I will start with the good news. Our sweet boy looks fantastic. The doctor almost did a whole additional anatomy scan and the baby is beautiful and healthy and is now measuring 8 days big. He weighs almost 2 pounds! We saw him sucking his left thumb - it was just precious. Also, the baby is now in a head-down position, but given the previa, position doesn't really matter at this point. Here are some of the fun pics:
Baby V sucking his left thumb; you can see his eyelashes and tongue!

In this one his hand is by his face and I think his nose looks just like mine! It could just be the picture distortion though.

I am trying to remain as optimistic as I can, but I have to say this was not the news we were hoping for. When I talked to my dad after the scan he told me, "Courtney, you have to put this in God's hands. There is NOTHING you can do. And, remember our God is a good God and has great plans for your son." I am just going to have to tell myself this over and over the next few weeks despite what might happen.
So, at this point Kevin and I will just take things day by day. We honestly have no idea what to expect for the remainder of the pregnancy. I know God is testing us in many ways. But, one thing I know for sure is that we are being forced to trust God is in control of the situation. There is no way we can plan in advance for what may happen. All we can do is just hope and pray for the best.
Kevin and I just ask for ALL the prayers and positive thoughts that you have to be sent our sweet little son's way.
Another update will be coming Thursday after our next doctor's appt. We will be making MANY trips to the doctor between now and the end of the pregnancy. I told Kevin that one good thing is we get to see our little boy on the ultrasound VERY often!