Last Saturday was such a beautiful day for me and these sweet babies!! My two boys had been so ill between the stomach flu, lung infections, and ear infections, focusing on these two babies growing inside had really been the last thing on my mind. I knew some of my sweet friends had wanted to get together to go to breakfast to celebrate the babies, but I had no idea the treat they really had in store for me!!
So, Saturday started with Kevin having to take Cade for his second antibiotic injection and me taking Colt to his 8:30 tball game. Kevin and Cade met us at the game and Kevin seemed so antsy that I get going, go shower, and "look nice" for breakfast. (Very strange requests by him!) Anyway, I was hesitant given how sick Cade was, but I complied, promising to be quick and get back shortly to help him.
I arrived at my friend Suzanne's house at about 10:15 and this is what I found waiting for me. I truly was in absolute shock and awe at what these amazing women and friends had prepared. It was the most elegant shower with such beautiful details. I really had to hold it together when I arrived, as I knew if I let my true emotions flow, especially after coming off a difficult week, I would have a hard time gaining my composure again!
This was the beautiful buffet of food they prepared (all with my dietary restrictions in mind) and the absolutely amazing diaper cake that Suzanne's mother in law put together for me the week before when she was in town from New York.
Look at the details and elegance! It was truly over-the-top and made me feel so incredibly loved and special.
The flowers were unbelievable!
Then, a group of my friends got together and bought a series of coordinating twin outfits for these precious new additions. They strung them across the mantle with coordinating bible versus with each outfit. It was seeing these that made it really hit home that these babies ARE coming. I honestly have been so worried about logistics, I hadn't had a moment to stop and truly process what a true gift these sweet babies will be. I just cannot wait to see them in these most precious outfits...way nicer than any outfit a baby of mine has owned!
Here they are hanging across the mantle.
They used silver and china for the coffee and brunch!
Here are the sweets they had...baby cupcakes and some beautifully handmade desserts also made by Suzanne's mother-in-law.
My sweet friend Suzanne, who graciously opened her home for the party.
Tracy and Suzanne...two of the hostesses. The other two hostesses were not able to attend. My sweet friend, Jenny, did so much planning from Indianapolis, which was so incredibly touching to me!! She did so much behind the scenes to make every last detail come together. And, my other precious friend, Kati, who ended up having to go to an unexpected doctor's appointment that morning, but came a little later.
Me arriving and really in total shock!! A great shot of this belly...which I have hated taking pictures of, but know in the long run, will love having them. You can see these babies are growing VERY VERY well! :) My friends Mairead (in the black dress) just had her twins 4 weeks ago and they were 7 lbs and 5 lbs 16 oz at 36 weeks 6 days. Look at her now!! She looks amazing and her babies were super healthy!! I can only pray we are as blessed.
My friend Hatal and I...she is due any day and I still have 5-6 weeks! Can you see twins make a difference?! ;)
The elegantly set table for brunch. Gazpacho was the first course.
Everyone preparing to be seated.
And, here we are enjoying brunch. I was in a total state of shock that this whole event was being thrown in honor of our babies!! It was hard to process it all in the moment. I am so thankful for my friend Lauren who captured these pictures! It has given me a chance to sit back and reflect!
A group shot! I had absolutely no idea that Kevin had such an integral part in the planning, too. He is horrible at not telling the truth, so usually it is very hard for him to keep a secret, but I really was not expecting anything at all, so he didn't have to lie to me about anything, which made the surprise that much more unexpected! I was so grateful to him and everything he put into working with the hostesses to make the details of the shower come together.
And, me opening the most thoughtful gifts! It was truly amazing how generous everyone was. Our sweet babies will be very well dressed! ;)
Thank you just isn't enough for what these wonderful friends did for me and the babies!! As Kevin said, he hadn't seen me happier in a long time. It was so precious to spend some child-free time with my friends truly savoring this last pregnancy of mine and reflecting on the gifts God has given us. It is overwhelming to think of how blessed we have been and how close the arrivals are coming. Thank you, sweet friends, for all the effort and time you put into creating such an elegant and special day for us!!
Much love!