- Imaginative Play - This boy LOVES imaginative play! And, from what I understand about his daddy as a boy, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Colt loves to dress up in any and everything including princess shoes, fireman hats, construction worker hats, daddy's shoes, hair curlers, mommy's necklaces, and others I forget. He loves to play in play kitchens, at his tool table, and drink "tea" using tea sets. He even sings "Happy Birthday" as he has his tea parties. I eat this stage up! LOVE IT!
- Singing - Colt has REALLY gotten into singing lately and will even request songs! I notice it helps calm him down when he is upset. He loves Old MacDonald (and picks the animals on the farm), Happy Birthday, Rumble in the Jungle, Firetruck, The Train Song, and others I am probably forgetting.
- Talking - He is a chatterbox! I will leave it at that!
- His Posse - Well, that's what I call it. But he has this group of toy men that go with him everywhere and they can't be separated. It includes his astronaut (blue and red), a construction worker, a zoo keeper, another man with a blue hat, and a dog. He carries them around in this beat up Mickey Mouse back and they go to the bath with us, in the car, in the bed, etc.
- Sesame Street - Colt has liked Elmo for a while, but he is now OBSESSED with Sesame Street characters and his favorites right now are Snufalupugus and Big Bird, but he knows ALL of them. Cookie is another favored one! We have been watching original Sesame Street episodes my my childhood, which brings back so many memories for me and and is fun for both of us!
- Zoo Animals - And his favorites are lions and elephants! Recently, we braved this horrid Houston heat to go to the zoo because I just felt like we had to monopolize on his interest in zoo animals. It was amazing to see him observe and absorb everything!
- Mimicking Phrases - Which is a little scary! Like "I'll Pass" (daddy says this), or "Oh, my!" We really have to watch what we say - he is a sponge soaking it all up!
- Manners - He has gotten really good at saying "Thank You," "Please," "More Please." We are so working on it and it is neat to see he is getting more consistent with it! It makes my heart SMILE to see my boy use good manners!
- Toddler "Mine" Behavior - And, I have to put this in because we are still working on this one! Sadly, my boy is very strong-willed and knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go after it, even if it means pushing or hitting someone to get it. I am constantly trying to model to him that we use words and gentle touching. I am sometimes amazed at the size of the kids he just whops. So far, none have come back at him...but I am just waiting for the day. Hopefully we will see some good progress in this area in the coming months!
Colt, you truly are such a special boy! I really do love you more and more each day and you are becoming more and more of a little person! It is incredibly special for me to see you grow up and as one of my friends said, I feel privileged to have a front row seat to watch you grow! Hugs boy!