Sunday, August 14, 2011

2 Months and SMILING and COOING!

Cade was 2 months almost a week ago, but he is just growing like a WEED! He is now over 10 lbs 5 ounces, has had his first round of shots, and is smiling and cooing more and more each day! It is fun for me to see a glimpse of what is to come and I am really looking forward to Colt being in school in the morning so I have some uninterrupted time to really get to know my second boy! I always feel so frazzled when I am with him because I am busy doing 100 other things at the same time. Rarely do I even just sit to nurse him - I am pouring milk, playing with trains, singing songs to Colt, or even reading books. As much as a I dying for the day where Cade will sleep 10-12 hours at night, I am trying to savor my overnight feedings with him because the house is quiet and I get to spend some uninterrupted time just cuddling him and hearing his sweet sounds. It is precious time and I know this phase is short, so I am really trying to soak it up. (Although, I have to admit the handful of times he has slept that 6 hour stretch have been GLORIOUS!!! Once a night is enough for me to snuggle with my boy - wink! ;))

We love seeing the smiles and the coos and even though Cade is quite quiet in comparison to Colt as a baby, he is VERY active! He LOVES his activity seat and activity mat and goes crazy kicking and batting at the animals, etc. He loves to talk and coo and just loves his big bro, smiling at him often!

Getting pics of the smiles is rough, but here he is with a crooked smile! He has MANY more smiley faces, but it is hard to catch with that camera. Hug and cuddles to you my sweet, sweet boy! I love you!