Sunday, May 8, 2011

Couple Prayer Requests!

And, to top off my overdue postings today, there are a couple prayer requests we have! And, to all you mom's out there - Happy Mother's Day!


  • Baby Cade - Sweet Cade is still baking (thank goodness) and we pray he makes it at least 2 more weeks, so I am full-term. I have had such an easy pregnancy up to this point, but this last week has been absolutely brutal on my physically. I don't know if he has turned on a nerve in my back or if I have pulled a muscle (as my physical therapist seems to think it is), but I have never suffered from such bad back pain in my life. It is truly a struggle for me to make it through each day and keeping up with Colt at this point seems like a somewhat monumental challenge. And to add to that, I feel like I really want to make these last few weeks for Colt before Cade arrives as "normal" as possible, so I am trying to keep up our usual schedule. In addition, I am having some early contractions and earlier this week had severe naseau and chills (which are signs of labor). I really didn't know how I was going to make it. The doctor had me come in and monitored me and the baby using an NST test. Without giving too many details, Cade could be making his entrance into the world at any moment, but the doctor hasn't put me on bed rest since I am far enough into the pregnancy (which is a good thing since bedrest just isn't really an option for me!). Thank goodness the naseau, etc. has subsided and I will continued to be monitored at the doctor closely. If baby Cade does decide to come early, though, our doctor will be in Italy, leaving me at the whim of the "on-call" doctor in her practice, who I have heard horror stories about. So, lots of prayer requests on this one!


  • Colt - On Friday I took Colt in to see the doctor because of a persistent rash on his face. The good news is the rash is easily treatable, but the bad news is that he already has another ear infection! His right ear was so blocked with fluid and gunk the doctor could not even see into the ear. She prescribed antibiotic ear drops and an oral antibiotic. She is concerned the tube may be out of place because we never saw any drainage from the ear. We have to use the antibiotics and see if the ear clears and go in for a follow-oup visit to see if they can see the tube. If not, we may be going in for yet another ear procedure - and it all would be about the same time as me delivering the baby. I am just going to try to cross that bridge when we get there and pray that that tube is still in place and functioning at least for another six months.

Thanks for your love and support and for the prayers! We know we will make it through this with the Lord's guidance. A very sweet friend of mine recently sent me this verse and I am finding myself repeating it often each day!



"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life." (Phil. 4:6)e