Yes, Colt is 3.25 years old! Hard to imagine, isn't it?! Well, maybe not really, but he is turning into SUCH a big boy these days!!! I sometimes look at him in amazement of what a little boy he is!!! A few facts about Colt::
- Is fully potty trained! :)
- Loves to be a helper and responds so well to positive discipline...we love those sticker charts!
- Loves school and cries at the thought of me not sending him because he is sick. He thinks I am punishing him.
- Continues to love his friends SO much and asks about them all the time when we are not with them. He truly is an EXTROVERT...draining for me at times, but I have learned to adapt. (Thankfully his brother seems to be extroverted, too, so hopefully that will bode well for them in the future!)
- Is totally into Dora, Diego, Superheroes...he and Cade will be Batman and Robyn for Halloween per Colt's request. Here he is as Captain America! Dressing up is still one of his FAVORITE things to do!
- Loves to make his own choices...so I try to allow him choices whenever possible...so he THINKS he has all the control.
- Loves to SING!!! Here he is singing at the pediatric urgent care clinic last Sunday running a 101 degree fever! A way to pass the time! :)
- Likes having his back rubbed and sitting with you on the chair and cuddling...soaking up these moments as I know they are fleeting!
- Loves to help with Cade...feeding him, getting his diapers, clothes, etc...this is a newer thing for him. Another new thing is they like to ride in the wagon together!
- Has gotten MUCH better at using his words and can very articulately tell you he is expected to use "Friendly hands, friendly feet, friendly mouth, and friendly words."
- Has great empathy for others...this is a newer thing, too, but is such a wonderful thing for me to see develop in him as a preschooler! As a toddler, this is VERY difficult in their ego-centric world.
- Kisses...he gives me kisses all the time totally unprompted and at the least expected moments. Like when he has spilled something all over the floor on accident and I am wiping it up, trying to stay cool know it was unintentional. Or when I am not feeling well, he will come over and kiss me. It is moments like these I am truly in awe I have been blessed with a such a son!
- Loves anything physical, tennis, swimming, soccer, jumping, running, riding his "big boy" bike (training wheel bike), climbing at the park (we have had to rescue him a couple times from up too high). Here he is with some of his favorite soccer buds having an after game snack!
- Holidays...he just loves it! And is so excited about Halloween he can almost not see straight! He is obsessed with these Halloween balloons in the neighborhood, so despite feeling they are slightly tacky, we broke down and got one for the front yard and he LOVES it!
Much love,
Mommy (or Mom as you have been calling me lately!! maybe you are getting to big!) ;)