Friday, September 2, 2011

Firetruck and Cookie Jar!

Although it is almost the unofficial start of fall with Labor Day this weekend, it is still SO HOT in Houston! (And, school has started again - YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So hopefully, I can start updating the blog regularly again! We survived 4 1/2 weeks of no school - phew!)

To stay cool, we have to be creative! Here is Colt playing with one of his new favorite toys, his firetruck! It sprays water and he can even wear his fireman hat to make his play complete!





Colt also has a new OBSESSION - and I mean EXTREME OBSESSION - with this "blue cookie jar" - he carries it EVERYWHERE, puts the cookies and the jar down the slide and feeds all his buddies cookies. It goes in the bath with us, to the store with us, everywhere with us. He is just in love with play foods and especially play COOKIES! So, last night, I put him in front of the Cookie Monster video with his cookie jar and buddies and ran down to get his milk (this is our wind-down routine right now). Anyway, when I came upstairs, there he was, sitting happily with Ernie and Elmo having cookies. He loves to share cookies with all his friends, with Cade, daddy, mommy, and anyone else who will have one! :) Boy, you just get cuter EVERY day.