Tuesday, April 21, 2009

YAY - Some GOOD Results!!!

Just a quick update - I got the results from the gestational diabetes test this morning and they were GREAT! Any blood sugar level at 140 or lower is normal and mine was at 94. I am so thankful we don't have to deal with this complication. I knew I was at increased risk, so I have been watching my diet and getting as much activity as possible. What a relief to know we don't have to deal with this extra obstacle! Sometimes when the baby measures big it can be a sign of GD, but it seems like our little guy is just growing bigger and bigger because he is strong and healthy!

I did find out that I am slightly anemic, which I guess is fairly common for the third trimester of pregnancy.

Hemoglobin - Normal 11 or above (mine 9.7)
Hematocrit - Normal 34 or above (mine 29)

It doesn't seem like this is a big deal to treat, I just have to run to the pharmacy to pick up some prescription-strength iron vitamins. Just another pill to add to the cocktail of medication I am already taking!

Last week I was having quite a bit of dizziness and we thought it was because my blood pressure was so low (103/58), but it could have been because of my low iron count, too.

We are trying to stay positive and know each day we get through is a blessing and one step closer to a healthy full-term baby boy!