Monday, January 26, 2009

Introducing Ginger

This past weekend Kevin and I were contacted by the Springer Rescue coordinator with a request for us to foster a dog. They are in desperate need of some help as they have just received 13 new dogs in the past four weeks! After talking about it, Kevin and I agreed that fostering a dog would be a good thing for us to do. It would be a win-win situation; a sweet dog would have a good loving home (as opposed to living in a kennel until a forever home was found) and we would have the chance to practice taking care of another living thing in preparation for parenthood. :) I just told the coordinator we really needed a lower energy dog given our current situation. So, I will keep you updated on how it goes! It should be another adventure! I have included some pics so you can see what a sweet girl she looks like! Ginger is 4 years-old and is a bit on the heavy side, but hopefully we can whip her into shape!! That's a hobby of mine - as most of you know! ;)