Thursday, November 27, 2008

So MUCH to be Thankful For!

Happy Thanksgiving! Kevin and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving at home. We went to church this morning and then tried to volunteer at SuperFeast downtown, but there were WAY too many volunteers. Walmart donates 10,000 pounds of turkey for underprivileged people who want a traditional Thanksgiving meal. It was still fun to go down and participate! Here's us right before the meal. Sorry the lighting is a little funny - but you can see we had all the traditional favorites. And, it was my first turkey! It turned out SO good!

Also, yesterday our second ultrasound went fantastic! PRAISE GOD! We were so nervous because I really am not having many typical pregnancy symptoms. I feel like I almost feel too good. I know it is crazy to wish you were hanging over a toilet bowl sick, but it would be reassuring. So, now I feel doubly blessed because I feel great and our little bean is so healthy! Honestly, I cannot even explain what a joy and relief it was to see that our sweet baby had grown the exact amount he/she should have and has a very, very strong heartbeat. Now our miscarriage rate is under 3%! What wonderful news!
Here are the stats:
Baby Measuring: 8 weeks 2 days (11/26/08)



Baby Heartbeat: 178 BPM (This is a really good heart rate. The doctor told us the maximum they see at this stage of development is 180, so this is really GREAT!)


We were also given a DUE DATE of July 9! A summer baby, just like his/her mom and dad!

Also, even though I was measuring 8 weeks 2 days yesterday, I am only 8 weeks today. So this little baby is measuring BIG. So, after the doctor told me the due date, he laughed and said, "You will definitely be ready to deliver in Houston in July. Especially if this little baby keeps up this trend and stays big for his/her size!"

The other really great news is I graduate from the Reproductive Endocrinologist. I will see a regular OB/GYN for my first appointment in 2-3 weeks. The doctor had me bring a list of doctors to choose from. After looking at the list he selected the doctor I had heard was SUPER fantastic. I didn't think I would be able to get into her, but he said if he refers me I can! So, I am so excited about that. Her name is Dr. Dryden.
Anyway, I will keep you posted on when I get my first appointment scheduled with her. Our next milestone will be the Ultascreen they do at 12 weeks to test for Down's Syndrome. Given my age, our odds are low, but we are still praying for healthy, healthy results!
So, much to be thankful for this year! A true reminder of how God is so bountiful with his love and grace!