It is so hard for me to believe yet another month is almost over!! Wow! I forever am feeling behind and just have let the blog updating slack more than I ever hoped! This sick and cold season has hit the family so hard and last week was no exception. I am anxiously awaiting Spring and warmer weather and healthier children!! The babies developed a weird rash a couple weeks ago that the doctor misdiagnosed as a virus. KJ was put on antibiotic because of yet another ear infection and Katelyn wasn't..I was told to wait it out. KJ's rash cleared, Katelyn's didn't. After 10 days and the rash looking nasty, I started to worry. Meanwhile, Cade got a 103.5 fever and after yet another rush visit to the pediatrician, we learned he had strep. I took the babies in the following day to learn that Katelyn's rash was a strep rash...great job doc! So she had infected Cade and that is why KJ's rash had cleared, because he was on antibiotic. The babies also had ear infections AGAIN (yes, I was trying to avoid this route by seeing the ENT early and often, but seems being proactive was not working on my side) and poor Katelyn had to undergo platelet blood tests and urine tests (NO FUN) to ensure the infection had not spread to her internal organs. All came out fine, but needless to say, I was EXHAUSTED!!! Not to mention we weren't sleeping because of kids up screaming all night sick. And, Colt...well, I thought he was spared, but NO, not so lucky! He got it, too, waking up late Thursday night SCREAMING! Thankfully, Kevin rushed home from work and got him to an 8 pm after hours clinic appt at our pediatrician so we didn't have to take him to urgent care. So, after all that saga, here are some adorable pictures of our precious ones who seem to be on the mend, at least for now!
Big boys enjoying their playhouse! These two seem to fight a LOT these days, so we are trying to work through that!! It has really been due to some HUGE developmental changes on Cade's end...he is really standing up to Colt and does a great job using his words, but then will be physical to follow through. He will say, "I am going to HIT you!" and then does. I will be honest, it can get UGLY and I feel helpless at times. But, thankfully many of those moments are contrasted with the two of them just playing beautifully!
Sweet, sweet Colty with some of his favorite lovies...George and talking Spidey! He is just growing up SO SO SO much these days! We actually attend the Kindergarten orientation for him this Friday! YIKES! So, yes, we are sending him! It is a big decision, and kind of goes against the "norm" for this area with him being a summer boy birthday, but his teacher has said he NEEDS the structure or she worries he will be a behavior problem...I am totally with her. That kid needs purpose and structure and will (usually) rise to the occasion. Please pray this is the right choice for him and our family!! We are going out on a limb here...and pray we are making the right decision.
Cade has been changing SO much! Phew, this one, who I used to dare call "easy" has shown his true colors lately and in many ways I am thankful. But, let me tell you, "easy" is the last word I would use to describe him. He is incredibly strong willed and will fight me tooth and nail on just about EVERYTHING from cutting his nails, to putting his shoes on, to brushing his hair, to what he wears. Yes, tiring! He stands up to Colt with unbelievable power and will even identify for Colt what he is doing..."Colty taunting me, mommy!!!" And, tattle-taling is in full force. I am feverishly reading Siblings Without Rivalry to get strategies to help us through this!
And having a dog is not in our ever future (as Kevin says we have enough living things to care for) but we wouldn't need one anyway...look at Cade, our own puppy at the table!
Now to the sweeter and gentler ones...our sweet babes! I could literally eat these two up and in many ways want to freeze them in time because if they are healthy, they are just DELIGHTFUL!!!! As you can see, they are solid sitters, although are not moving anywhere yet. Katelyn has started to wave and clap...KJ is still behind her, but I should stop that comparing already!! He is just a joy and such a cuddlebug. Katelyn is a mover and shaker. Today was our first time to library time - they loved it!
Can you see why these two have me wrapped around their fingers?! I remember this time last year being terrified of so many things...preemie babies, no sleeping, big boys adjustment, my body falling apart, csection recovery, etc., etc., etc. God has got POURED out his blessing on us! I mean, seriously, beyond measure!! I really do need to stop and reflect on what gifts we have been given. I won't lie, our days are simply WILD and INTENSE and FLY by!! Planning anything seems like a challenge, but honestly, we would not have it any other way and the joy of these little ones make it all so worth it and more!! Hope to catch up with more soon!!! Love to you all!