Thursday, July 4, 2013

K&K - 1 Month!

As to be expected with number 3 and 4, time is limited for pic ops but I worry if I don't post soon they will be 2 months and nothing will be posted!  Here are some pics of the sweet babes at 1 month!

Here is KJ - he developed a bad case of cradle cap and baby acne this past week, but thankfully it is looking a lot better even since this photo was taken!  No this isn't the prettiest of phases.  He is the needier of the two, which is consistent with every boy baby we have had! ;)  He loves to be held and is good at tracking sounds and small toys with his eyes and turns his head to watch things.  He also loves to be on his tummy to sleep (if we are watching him very closely - never at night time) and his head strength is incredible!  He can lift his head and turn it in both directions and is nearly up on his elbows and rolling from tummy to back!
 Katelyn is much more independent and content.  Funny how when the two of them are napping together in the day KJ can wake up and be SCREAMING directly into her ear (full decibel - all my boys have some SERIOUS lungs) and Katelyn will be dreamily sleeping away!  She is so very alert when she is awake and has HUGE eyes, which are currently blue, but could still change - it is very early.  Her skin has been better than Kevin's but she is loosing her hair!  Yes, the joys of newborn life!  Her receding hairline beats her daddy's these days! ;)  She loves to be on her activity mat batting at the toys and stretching her legs.  She is not too crazy about tummy time!  I have to say, it is fun to put her in flowers and bows!
 And she is starting to SMILE!!!  So early and I am anxious to see some smiles from KJ soon - right now he only giggles in his sleep, but Katelyn is starting to social smile!
They are so precious and I am truly trying to savor it, although always feel I am rushing to the next thing.  At least once a day I try to take a moment to breath and soak in what beautiful and precious gifts they are!  A few of quick notes:
  • Still only on breast milk - praise God for great milk supply so far!!  Eating every 3 hours all day and every 4 hours at night.  They always feed at the same time!  Nursing 3 times during the day and taking 4 bottles of pumped milk in the late afternoon, evening, and overnight.  Scheduling is essential with twins or we would all burn out!
  • Sleep after an hour of wake time during the day.  Sleep almost exclusively in their cribs.  We haven't used swings and they have only left the house 2 times for doctors appts.
I think that sums it up!  A busy month, but it is such a blessing to see them growing and changing!  Sweet babies, stay healthy and keep thriving!  I don't want to rush this newborn phase, but I am anxious to get you to that three month mark!

Love, Mama