Today has been such a bittersweet day for me with my boys and my last day pregnant with these precious twins!! Emotions are running high as we are so very nervous about the delivery, but feel just unbelievably blessed to have made it to this point! When I went to anesthesia for my pre-op blood work the nurses were amazed I was so far along and walking around! Colt is very aware of what is going on and is feeling so mixed about it all. I just cannot believe that we are about to add two more precious babies to our family! Thank you to you all....we have truly been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love, generosity, support, kindness, and excitement for these babies.
I feel so honored and blessed to have had the experience to carry these two babies. It has been an amazing journey and a blessedly easy pregnancy. I will certainly miss feeling their wiggles inside me. I won't miss being the center of attention and source of a vast amount of stares and comments in every location I go. The comments I get at the pool, when out walking, and at the zoo yesterday are unbelievable, although everyone is so well meaning and so very excited for us! We pray the delivery goes as smoothly as the pregnancy, that our sweet babies are healthy and can come home with us. We also pray for our precious older boys who are about to have their little world rocked and that my recovery is easy so I can get back into the routine of caring for the our new gang! I now I will miss my outings with the big boys terribly as I make the recovery, but it is a short while in the broad scheme of things.
So, today we had a special celebration with some of the boys' friends, Barrett and Mary Etta. They will be out of town the whole month of June, so they had us over to wish us well and sing Happy Birthday with some cake for our birthday boys! Colt and Cade LOVED it and felt so very special. And, my friend, Suzanne, insisted we take these last pictures!! I know in the future I will be glad to have them and it is one of the few I have with the boys and me this pregnant.
Colt and Cade - Know how wonderfully special you are to me!! I love you more each and every day and have so much hope and faith that these siblings will bring you much joy and companionship as you grow up together! These next few months may be a little rocky, but I promise you we will do the best we can to make the transition go smoothly. I cannot wait for you to meet your new brother and sister. We know they will have the best big brothers in the whole world!!
And Colt, yes, mommy will be out there "chasing" you just as soon as I can. Sweet Colt asked me randomly the other day if I would run again. (You have NO idea how much I am DYING to run again!) But I quickly realized you weren't referring to me running the neighborhood, you want me to be able to run and chase after you again. You said, "Mommy, I really miss you playing chase with you!" (I was driving at the time and couldn't help but tear up...just a true reminder that what matters most to these boys is just time with them!) I am more motivated than ever, sweet one, to get back into shape and run and play chase with you!
Love you sweet ones!