Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cade 22/23 Months

Cademan -

I am so sorry I missed a months post - things were so busy with you being so sick and your adenoid/ear tube procedure, that time just got away from me!  So, I need to stop and take some time to focus on you before you are 2!!  Can you believe it is only a month away?!  WOW - where does the time go!  Well, really, so much has changed since you were born, but still it has been so fast and fun.  You are truly the spirit in our family and keep us going!!  We definitely would not have the same family dynamic without you.  Some fun things about you!

Jovial - You are one of the most jovial and fun kiddos around (especially if you feel well!).  Unlike your brother who has an opinion on everything and likes to contest most of my decisions (even about fun outings), you are the opposite.  You want to be with us going along on life's wonderful ride.  You are so happy to get out and about and be with friends, your brother, and experience life to its fullest.  It is a true blessing to me to witness!!  You and your brother love to go to HEB these days.  You love to look around, try the samples, and drive your "car".  Brother won't get in but instead cruises on the end of the cart and is a GREAT helper, loving to load things in the cart and put things on the conveyer belt to pay.  Colt leads us through the store (at a breakneck speed) and we try to keep up.  If we stop for too long, you start yelling "OUT" because you would prefer to be right behind him running along, but I am not sure they would allow us in the store if we did that!  It already is interesting to see the looks we get with me the size I am pushing the cart with you in it (usually a total and complete mess) and Colt sprinting ahead hollering out directions for us.  (Boy, your brother loves to be in command and control!)  You all also love the Buddy Bucks game at the end of the trip and the prizes you win!  Here we are heading in - I always try to go at non-peak hours.
And sampling a banana, which you say "nana" for!
Talking - Your language has REALLY picked up these last few months.  You have been saying things the past year, but these past two months your language has really exploded. You say 2 and 3 words together, use your words to express how you feel, like "Nice Colty!" when you want him to play nice and not act like Swiper the Fox.  You also love to say "Thank You" for everything and are so very polite! ;)  You are starting to say color words, although not always so accurate on those and love making animal sounds and saying "--LO" in any and every phone.  You also love to greet others saying hi and bye to total strangers.

Here you are riding along!!  Your blue eyes just sparkle with happiness and we recently turned your seat forward facing and you are much happier.
Playing - You LOVE to play.  You love trucks and kicking and throwing balls and you even say "catch" for others to catch the ball your throw.  Your favorite outing is the park - you go EVERYWHERE and are so super fast and daring.  I will turn my head for a second and you are gone!  You certainly are independent and want to keep up with all the big boys, chasing after Colt and his friends with whatever chase game they are up to!  You also love to climb, slide, and jump, literally scaring me half-to-death and multiple people have said you will be our first one in the ER....really dreading that day, but do believe it because you are a TOTAL dare devil!  Here you are with your truck playing at the park.


Brother -You absolutely ADORE ADORE ADORE your brother, who you continue to call "Colty".  You all love to wrestle, talk, help each other, hug, and just be together.  You ask about him on school days when he isn't around and he asks for you, too.  Your love for one another is absolutely miraculous to see grow and change.  You look up to him so much, and him to you!!  Really, I see him looking to you, when he is ornery or scared and you jump in without hesitation, you give him courage.  I marvel at the two of you and really am so excited to see how these next two fit into and enrich our family dynamics.
Sleep - You and your brother both seem to require the lower end of sleep (and the highest level of activity) but nonetheless, you are doing better with your sleeping since you had your adenoids out.  We learned by leaving a nightlight on in your room, when you wake up before 6, you will read books and play with your stuffed lovies.  We have established a no wake up before 6 rule and it is working wonders!  Your daddy and I know we just have to have rest to be good parents and getting up 2 hours before the sun every day is just not possible!  So, Colt has a new Yoda clock he uses to stay in bed until 6 and you really are happy in there playing by yourself. 

Eating/Teeth - You are still not a great eater and I am beginning to wonder if some of it has to do with how very delayed you are on teething!!  You still have four front teeth and your four molars.  You really don't have many teeth to help grind up food.  You seriously could live on milk, applesauce, goldfish, fruit rope, and bananas.  I don't worry too much about it as you are growing and thriving.  We took you for your first trip to the dentist and she was shocked how delayed your teeth were in coming in and said you teething pattern is very "unusual" but does think your teeth are there.  You love brushing your teeth and I just try not to worry about it.  It is what it is and there is really nothing we can do to make your teeth come in.

School - You love your school and classmates and on the days you don't go and we drop Colt off you sob and sob and run for your room as I drag you out.  So much for loving your "mommy-time".  You will be doing the summer sessions 5 days a week and I know you will love it!  Next year you will also go five days, just like Colt did at 2, and I think both your temperaments respond well to the group interaction, stimulation, and structure there!

Babies - On this one you are totally clueless.  I remember Colt saying your name before you were born and realizing my tummy was big, but really, you have no idea!  You are way more interested in your big brother, your trucks, books to read, the latest chase game at the park.  I think this may serve you well because I have a feeling you may be completely oblivious to all the change and adjustment and once you are old enough to realize, you will never remember life without your new siblings.  You love new playmates, so I know you will embrace your brother and sister and love on them as they grow older.  I am excited to see your transformation into a big brother.

Well, Cade-o, as we like to call you, that sums you up as for now.  You are such a precious one, one I look forward to seeing each morning with your big "Hi, Mommy" and hugs and kisses.  You are absolutely precious and we could not imagine our family without you!!

So much love!
Daddy, Mommy and Colty