Cademan,
I am sorry I am a couple days late on this post! First, I just want to tell you how much I love you and your jovial spirit! You keep all of us around here in good spirits and laughing daily! You have such a wonderful sense of humor and laugh and giggle at yourself all the time! Love exudes from you and people see it in you when they interact with you. You are so super social it makes me smile. You will walk up to anyone and everyone and interact. You have made so many "buddies" while waiting for Colt to finish swim class or with a random toddler at the library. You also love your friends at school and are constantly trying to tell them so much (which we can't quite make out yet), but you sure try. You are so verbal and jibber-jabber NONSTOP. We are making out more words that you say daily, like "pop" "milk" "juice" "up" "truck" "cat" "dog" "bus" "ghost" (yes, Halloween did influence you) "Colt". And, do you know what your favorite word is?! MAMA! Yes, it is! Although I think your brother may have been more verbal than you (which is hard to imagine) he didn't call me mama consistently for a long time, so this is such a special treat for me. When you see me or need me I will find you racing around the house going "mama, mama, mama" or when you are waiting for me to get you from your crib you will call out for me. Or when I come to get you out of your carseat, you will lovingly reach up and say "mama" - like where have you been?! It truly is one of the sweetest parts of my day. You also love hugs and kisses and will give hugs when we ask and if I say, "Do you want a kiss?" you will turn your head and stick out your cheek for one. You continue to be an AVID reader and we will find you with a pile of books all around you entranced by what you are finding in them. You especially like the books with the buttons that make noise, books with feely things in them, and ones about TRUCKS! The trash truck book is one of your favorites. Colt is still your besty! You all simply adore each other and I am finally starting to see why moms say having two is easier than one. If you would have asked me this last year I would have thought you were nuts, but now these boys PLAY TOGETHER! I will hear them just giggling and wrestling and Colt entertaining Cade. Colt will report on their doings, like, "Mommy, we are being silly!" followed by a squeal of laughter and joy. Don't get me wrong, we have our moments, but all in all, these boys are inseparable. Almost so much that making non-stop playdates is a thing of the past. We love our friends, but the boys have become so content playing with each other, that sometimes we just do things the three of us, which is such a special place or me as a mom to get to! I feel overwhelmingly blessed to get to witness the love these two boys have for each other daily!
Some other funny things about Cade is that he loves to take his shoes off non-stop and is so proud of himself! He also loves to throw anything and everything (yes, BOY) and kick and throw balls. He is a total climber and I sometimes wonder if I should keep him in a helmet full-time, as I am constantly worrying he is going to fall off something and bump his head. Another fun time is bath, this boy will stand up and try to leap out! It is a crazy bath time and he thinks it is a game. He also likes to sprint into the street...just because he knows he isn't supposed to go into it, and laughs and laughs at how funny he is...it scares me! When he does this I tell him no and then put him in the stroller in the driveway. I have no idea if it makes a difference, but I just can't let him continue to do that! Colt is even freaked out by it and screams to warn me when Cade starts his sprint! Hoping we can get through this one soon...
You have two teeth...one on the bottom and one on top...you look a little bit funny but it is ok...we know it will even out eventually and we still think you are adorable.
Cade is still not the best eater or sleeper, but I just feel like he makes up for it tenfold with his loving and adoring personality! I try to savor him for being him as he is growing up just WAY too fast. I just cannot believe how fast time has gone. Since he has been born, things have been so crazy and busy, I am just trying to soak up the minutes I have with the two boys.
Well, Cade that wraps you up for this month! No great pic of you, but here is a fun one of you in one your favorite toys, the ride-on firetruck. We adore and love you so much and can't wait to see what this next month has in store for you.