I actually haven't even mentioned that today Colt had to get his third set of ear tubes. I kept questioning if we should do it, had his hearing re-checked (which confirmed there was no vibrations in the ears with fluid), and just was in denial that it was truly necessary to have a third set of tubes. It has been hard for me to accept that he would need to be put under general anesthesia for the third time before his third birthday! Well, he survived and is doing much better already. And, I got teary eyed in the waiting room when I had him on my lap and saw there was puss dripping out of one of his ears. I felt like it truly was a sign from God that, "Yes, mama, despite that empty and nervous feeling in your stomach, you are making the right decision for Colt and he is going to be ok. I will be there for him, protect him, and let him know he is safe in My arms!" And, that is exactly what happened!
This time was much different than when we went the last time, over a year ago. Colt could verbalize to me exactly how he was feeling, how he was hungry, didn't want to go, was scared, etc. Well, the nurse was an angel because she had talked to me yesterday and said as a parent she recommended giving him this oral medication before the procedure that has an amnesia type of affect. Since Colt is so intense and feels so strongly, I just couldn't bear the thought of him being pinned down in the OR and being so scared. This medicine made it so easy. He was so loopy he let the anesthesiologist carry him back to the OR and didn't even bat an eye and hasn't once mentioned to me that he was scared or anything that had happened. On top of that, the doctor said his ears were both infected and there was a ton of "material" in the ear canal of the ear without the tube. He also vacuumed out his sinuses, which were also a mess. I can only pray that Colt out grows this "childhood" ailment and as Kevin reminds me, this is a very small scale issue to have and that otherwise Colt is such a strong and healthy boy! So, we are on the upswing and so thankful to have yet another one of these procedures under our belt!! Love you sweet, Coltboy! You truly did exceed my expectations, just as your daddy kept lovingly telling me he thought you would!