It is amazing that my little boy is 11 months!!!!! This has been one of the more wild months for me this year between getting sick and dealing with some challenging situations with Colt, but I don't want this sweet little one to go overlooked!! I often feel guilty that he is just along for the ride, but he does seem to love the action around here, which I find some peace it!
This month he has started pointing (YAY) and waving some, although not anything like his brother's waves. Colt used to wave at EVERYONE, but Cade will wave and mimic hand signs, but isn't as "in" to it as Colt was. He does LOVE to point and "talk" and is still saying uh-oh and just yesterday I heard him say "ba" for "ball". He also loves playing peek-a-boo and will push cars and trucks around and make the "brrrrr" sound for them to go - amazing, I think he must have learned this from Colt.
One of his favorite past times is going to the playgroup at the YMCA on M, W, F mornings. It is a huge gym they open up and have tones of balls, mats, push scooters, etc. for the kids to play with. He just LOVES running after the other toddlers and playing with all the toys. He is so energetic and social, so I am thankful for that! He seems to have a very sweet-spirited demeanor and is super cuddly, especially in the mornings.
He continues to love to eat and we are weaning him to goat's milk just like his brother, after he had an allergic reaction to some regular formula. He eats 3-4 solid meals a day and just isn't as in to finger foods as Colt was as this age, but it is coming along. I am trying not to stress about it, figuring it will all come with time.
As for growing into things, Cade seems to FINALLY be getting into a great night time sleeping pattern!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now as soon as I write this, he will have a slip-up, but for the past couple of weeks, he has been sleeping 11-13 hours a night. Yes, you read that correctly!!!! What an answer to prayer! No, no baby of mine was sleeping through the night by the "books" at 3 months and neither really responded to "sleep training" as the experts write about it, but we will take it!! 11 months is sooner than Colt and we praise God every day for the full nights of sleep we get! HOORAY for CADE! It is SO much easier to love on a baby when you are rested!!
Well, sweet 11 month old, this mama honestly couldn't love you any more!! You truly are a breath of fresh air - your smile lights up my world and eases my anxieties! I love your giggles and vocalizations as you try to talk to me! Watching you develop at this age is truly miraculous and know you are so special to all of us, even though some days it may seem like the chaos is circling around you!! Hugs and kisses to you sweet man!!
Here Cade is exploring outside, doing his favorite move, the bear crawl!
And, eating, pointing to his brother Colt saying "Co" - yes one of his first words!!
Crazy face, what a fun little guy!