Cade just LOVES life, which is such an incredible blessing! He is quite active and loves to play, play, play! He is also exceptionally vocal and squeals, shrieks, giggles, and coos so loudly. He really wants to be a part of the conversation. One of his favorite locations right now is in the Baby Bjorn forward facing so he gets an up-close view of life around him.
He just ADORES his brother and truly lights up like no other when Colt gives him some love and attention. And, despite a quite rocky adjustment, Colt is really starting to embrace Cade more and more. He still gets sad that Cade has to eat so much and that he requires a lot of mommy's time, but we have worked out a nice routine that seems to be working for us and allows me to have some special one-on-one time with both boys and we get lots of family together time in the morning before Colt goes to school and on the weekends. Colt will ask, "Mommy, where Cademan?" "Mommy, nice to Cademan." And, he will tickle him and coo back at Cade, which is so wonderful! He now calls Cade "My baby!" So, I am hoping this will continue, although I am not naive enough to think there are not still many hurdles ahead...
So here is Cade's five month shot! You can see that unlike his brother, he has some rolls! I am not sure how crazy I am about them, but he is healthy and happy, growing and thriving, and is a GREAT nurser! So, I feel thankful for that! He is wearing the same clothes Colt wore at 12-15 months!!! Colt was a skinny baby, so maybe that is just what I am used to...
I do think Cade is super handsome and looks a lot like his daddy! His smile is becoming more vibrant by the day! And, in my humble opinion, he is close to a perfect baby, except he doesn't sleep through the night. My boys just don't make the mark in the sleep department - they are much more interested in life and what is going on than sleeping and enjoy those nightly snuggle sessions with mama...and mama isn't so great at listening to her boys scream, so the sleep deprivation continues. I guess seeing what a great sleeper Colt now is gives me some hope bc Cade is an AMAZING sleeper compared to Colt at this age. I try to remind myself that this stage is short and one day I may miss all the cuddles I am fortunate enough to get these days from my boys!