When I got home from the hospital on Friday night, there were some special flowers waiting for me from my sweet boy Colt. Colt hand picked these flowers out for me at Whole Foods on Friday night. The note was quite fitting, I thought!

On Sunday morning when Colt woke up, the first thing he wanted to know about was "Cade"! He wanted to see baby Cade! He showed a lot more interest and gave Cade pat-pats on his head and kept wanting to peer into his bassinet every time Cade was asleep. He also wanted a little bottle filled with water to "eat" with Cade and still seems a little confused about the whole nursing concept, but is getting a bit more used to it, I think. He really wants Cade to play with him and kept wanting to share his cars with him and didn't quite understand that Cade isn't ready to play with that black car just yet! ;) It really was heart warming to see! I know there will be many, many ups and downs with this transition, but I am starting to see a little light into the excitement and gift it is going to be to raise two boys so close in age! I just continue to pray they become very close and cherish each other!
Colt and Cade finally met Saturday morning! And, the first meeting was quite anticlimactic. Colt saw Cade, said "baby," and then wanted to shoot basketball hoops for an hour! ;) We didn't push the meeting and just continued to cover our first boy with love and attention. On Saturday, after Colt's nap we brought Cade into his room. He was a little more interested this time and enjoyed reading his story about the baby's new arrival with Cade there! We had read this story many times when I was pregnant, and this time, we emphasized that this is "Cade", the special gift mommy and daddy have been talking about for so long! (Please excuse my horrid state in this picture, but I thought it captures the moment beautifully, although I look VERY ragged!)
This pic captures a bit of Colt's excitement in Cade. We put Cade in the activity seat briefly (he really is too small for it) and Colt kept playing peek-a-book with him and wanting Cade to play, too! He then kept playing all the music and pointing to all the animals on the seat wanting Cade to notice! We really will try to get some more pictures of the two of them soon! The past couple days we have just been in survival mode and taking things moments at a time, but thankfully, all is going well considering the MAJOR changes we have all been going through! Thanks for all the prayers! We will continue to keep you posted!