Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bottom Molars!

Ugh-this past week has been a ROUGH one! Colt is cutting his bottom molars and everyone in the house is suffering! Just as I think he is sleeping better, he was up for over four hours last night! SIGH! I just pray it is his teeth - being pregnant, running after a toddler, and then not sleeping all night makes for one very rundown feeling mama! Last night may take the cake as one of the worst nights in Colt's sleeping history! Colt woke up at 10:15 pm and started screaming. I let him cry for a while, thinking he may go back to sleep, but then finally went in to get him. The minute I picked him up he was happy and then decided it was time to have a mid-night party. I tried everything for over two hours to get him to go back to sleep, as dad was working on some thrilling project at work keeping him there past 2 a.m. Fun times, I tell you! So, feeling unbelievably guilty, but just completely desperate, I put Colt in the new pack and play I purchased for his baby brother and put him in front of the Praise Baby DVD at about 1 a.m., then got on my computer and tried to finish some of the work I am SUPER backed-up on! He watched the TV intently and really seemed to be having a lot of fun as I just tried to pretend I was just having a bad dream! When Kevin finally got home he came upstairs and was shocked with the party going on at 2 a.m. when usually the house is dead quite by this time. Yes, just another fun twist and turn in the motherhood journey! But, just look at this cutie - I guess he can be forgiven! :)


This is him at playgroup last week playing in the sand - he loved it!


And what is playgroup without a snack?!