The 4th of July week was a full week with no camp and lots of daily outings including a trip to the zoo and splash pad. Here are some fun pics!
Loading up!
Heading in!! Rhino climbing fun after my power struggle with Colt to use the restroom. Hitting the animals! KJ is a HUGE animal fan, and Katelyn a little more timid.
This boy just has my HEART!!!! Kevin loves to call him boy version 3.0 - just love it! Got lots of snuggles with him that day!! I am learning to savor the moments with each one as much as I can. He loves elephants!
Pretending they were tigers!
KJ deciding he needed to pull the wagon by himself, - "I DO IT!!" - and my praying for patience!
Time to play the drums!
And hide and seek in the huts!
Waterfall fun!
The gorillas were mesmerizing!
And finally, splash pad and lunch! Katelyn was now in her element! And, yes, this is why the kids are in swim suits at the zoo! ;)
Big boys loved the bucket that dumped on their heads!
KK even got the courage to get underneath it!
KJ was more timid, but eventually warmed up!
After all that playing they were HUNGRY!! I didn't pack enough lunch!
These summer days are LONG and HOT, but as Kevin continually reminds me - "You will miss these days!!" and I know I will! Even looking at these pictures I cannot believe how quickly these little ones are growing!! This is my first time to have a two year old without an infant. I am continually amazed at how blessed we have been - healthy, happy, spirited, full of life children!! I have to savor the moments, remember the memories, and recognize it really is the simple things that are most meaningful to these little ones - the hugs and snuggles, the listening ear, the kisses goodnight, the bedtime stories, the playtime in the bath, the splashing in the water, and the singing of a good song together in the car. Life is exhausting and oh, so very full, never lonely, and I always feel loved....may I always be so blessed. Love you four more than you could ever know!!