So, our BIG TRIP was a trip to Disneyland! Kevin's dad and step-mom have been encouraging us to come out for a visit for a while, and this was the first window we could find where it worked for everyone's schedules and I wasn't huge and pregnant or we had tiny infants! It was a whirlwind of a trip and Kevin and I both still feel wiped out, but overall it went beautifully and provided amazing memories for us all!
The flight out was quite the experience as we quickly learned, Cade is terrified of flying!! Yes, he FREAKED OUT the moment we had to enter the plane. Picture this...me carrying Katelyn in a carrier and Cade in my arms through the narrow isle of a commercial aircraft. Cade was kicking and screaming in fear. Kevin was managing Colt and KJ plus three carry on bags. Yes, logistics not for the weary! The flight only got better, as once we sat down, Cade refused to sit in his assigned seat even after the flight attendant tried bribing him with gummy bears. Once they shut the front door we had to force him in his seat with his lap belt with him SCREAMING "HELP ME!" "LET ME OUT!" Yes, quite the way to start the trip. Then, to add insult to injury, the ladies in front of us who were very busy boozing it up felt it was imperative to tell me what an incompetent mother I was, how they make medication for children like this, and that their 2 1/2 year olds were "perfect" (and by the looks of them it had been a while since they had young children). Then, one couldn't recline her seat because Katelyn's carseat was in the way and she kept jamming it back and yelled at me that she couldn't recline. I told her she was welcome to keep trying but she would probably crack the carseat in the process. She then chimed the flight attendant and screamed that the baby needed to be moved to another area of the plan. As, the flight attendant calmly explained, the baby could not be in a seat by herself unattended and the flight was sold out. Yes, an eventful start to the trip!
It was such a busy time we got way fewer pictures than I would have hoped, but here are some highlights. The big boys really had fun. The time zone change was difficult, as we were all getting up at unheard of times in the morning and the boys had trouble sleeping in a new environment. But, now we can say we did it...traveled as a family of 6...and we can honestly say it is HARD and are truly thankful for all the help Kevin's family provided from buying pre-made formula and diapers to making sure our accommodations and travel arrangements were all suited for our high-need stage of life. It wouldn't have been possible without their help!
The character breakfast was a HUGE hit!! We had so much fun!
The boys with Pluto. Colt's question, "Why is he standing up on two feet?"
We hunted Captain Hook down! Yes, he was a favored one on Colt's list!
One of the few of all four kids! The babies were troopers! I love Cade's expression here.
Katelyn is not sure what to think.
Goofy! Another character on Colt's "must see" list!
And, of course, the infamous Mikey Mouse!
Me and my boys with Minnie! KJ was not a fan and getting VERY tired!
Love this pic of Cade and Minnie!
Pooh Bear and the babies!
Colt and Tigger and Pooh!
Not sure who the strange man in the background is?!
Another cute one of the boys at Goofy's house in Toontown. Love their expressions!
First meeting Mickey at his house in Toontown!
Driving the firetruck in Toonstown!
Carsland was another favorite location at the Adventure Park!
Cade in Radiator Springs!
I have more of the boys with the real Mater and McQueen..but they are on Kevin's phone!! I will try to post at some point, but having such a hard time keeping up with the blog as it is, I thought I better post what I have now!! Many hugs to all of you! It is such a busy and full season in life for us! Hope all of you are doing well! I will try to post more often....always my hope, just not a reality lately!











