Tuesday, August 27, 2013

K&K Nearly 3 Months & I Can't Get Enough

The sweet babies are 3 months an Saturday!  Hooray and many prayers answered to a great start on life!!  I cannot believe they will not be newborns after this Saturday!  Gosh, it has been a wonderful and wild summer with many ups and downs, but overall I couldn't have asked for a better transition for our family.  Although I still feel like we are adjusting in many ways, we have been so abundantly blessed and all of us are falling into a little bit more of a routine with our sweet new additions, who we just love so very, very, very much!

Some quick notes on them at 3 months:
  • Still on all breastmilk - HUGE answer to prayer!  I feed three times a day and pump 8 times a day - yes I feel like a milking cow with this huge hospital grade pump, but it is doing its job and I am keeping up with the growing babies' demands!  Each day we get through without supplementing is a GIFT!!  I certainly do not take a day of milk making for granted as supply has always been an issue for me.  Also, when they nurse now, they hold hands - it is so very, very precious!
  • Babies are recognizing each other!  Blessed beyond belief to witness this!
  • Cooing and smiling like CRAZY!!!  LOVE IT!
  • No nap schedule - we are a ways from this!
  • Up at night 2 times a night still....Kevin and I have a good routine down on the nights we do it together and get up, each feed a baby, burp, swaddle, lay them down, and then I pump.  We are so incredibly thankful for the night help we have had and cherish the nights they are here...it is a MAJOR help and one that has literally saved our sanity!  We are hoping and praying the babies can start sleeping longer stretches soon.
Now to some pictures...just can't tell you how blessed and complete we feel.  What a gift, despite how overwhelming it can be at moments.

Grinning boy!
 Katelyn holding her own bottle!
 Smiley girl!
 Smiley boy!
 And our little TALKER!!!  A typical Voelte boy - quite needy, wants to be held a LOT, and squeaks and squeals up a storm!
 And a video of our precious ones!

 Happy 3 months, babes!  We love you so very much!!