Saturday, September 8, 2012

Cade at 15 months!

Happy 15 months, Cade!!!  What a remarkable and loving little guy you continue to be and I cannot say it enough, I LOVE this age and stage in your development and truly cannot get enough of you these days!!!!  You are one of the most jovial and lovable little guys around!!!  So here are some highlights from the month!

Exploring - You love to get into anything and everything and EXPLORE!!! 

Here you are exploring the stables while brother was riding the pony, Romeo, this summer!

And loving every second of your exploration of your first trip to the beach!





And your first pirate exploration!
Climbing - Still another favorite activity!

Snuggles - You love to snuggle and hug with everyone, sweetly laying your head down on his/her shoulder when you are picked up.  You are SO affectionate!  You did this for your teacher the first day of school.  You toddled right in, without a hint of hesitation, she picked you up to say hello, and you snuggled right in her shoulder...think you stole her heart!

Words - More are coming!  Bu-bu (for bubbles), "hi-a" (hi), da-da (for daddy), ma-ma (while clinging to my legs), agua (water), mi (milk) - music to this mama's ears!  Bring those words on, boy!  BTW- Colt is still by far your favorite word!!!  I LOVE IT!!  To say you ADORE your brother would be a HUGE understatement!  You want to be JUST LIKE HIM!

Dancing and Music - Continues to be something you love and enjoy so much!  You do the spiny-spin dance now all over the family room!  It truly is the sweetest and you love the attention you get when you do it!

Beauty-queen wave - I like to tease you about this one, but you love to walk around the house and pop-out from behind pieces of furniture and wave to anyone and everyone in the room.  The larger the crowd, the happy you are!

School - You LOVE school!!  YAY, this makes me so happy!!  I could not believe the way you went right in and just starting giggling, like, look it is FINALLY my turn!!  You have been with me countless times to take brother to school and when we leave you cry because you want to stay and play!  When Colt and I came in to pick you up, you looked at us, smiled, and kept playing.  Colt was smothering you with kisses...secretly, I think he may have missed you more than you missed him..but we can keep that between us, since he would never admit to it! ;)

Brotherly Love - Yes, I am seeing this one come into full-focus these days, and Cademan, you are now right where the action is!  You love to bring it on just as much as you have to take it as a younger brother.  Colt has gotten really good at using his words and saying, "no", or "please don't"...but you go back for more, and more, and more....until you get the reaction you were looking for!  You love to get right in his face and smile real big and climb right on top of him!  You also love to PULL his hair (you think it is funny because he screams)!  You also love to be body slammed and stand up giggling just asking for more, until you all have done it too many times or Colt takes one hit that is a little too hard and you start sobbing!  I have to say, watching all this unfold in my family room multiple times a day is unnerving especially since I only have a sister and have no idea what brotherly love is all about, but it is clear to me that God designs boys differently from such an early age and you two boys are PHYSICAL!  You love to have it out and in most instances do it in a loving, kind, and fun way!  I guess I better get used to it!!  I also catch you and Colt sitting together on your chairs a lot or rolling around the floor wrestling in between kissing each other and Colt saying how much he loves you!





Temperament - I knew from the moment we found out we were pregnant with you that God had specifically designed you to fit in our family just perfectly, but as you have grown, I have seen that come true and it is a miracle!  You have the perfect temperament for a big brother like Colt, you are SO social and extroverted, are quite adaptable, but have a good backbone...you are no pushover!  You also have such a sweet spirit and your giggles and laughs just melt your daddy's and my hearts daily and we marvel at how we have been blessed with two such amazing boys who are so very different in spirit, but so much alike in ways!  (Yes that is a huge bruise on his head from one of his MANY falls!)


Cade, seeing you grow and change daily is so much fun and seeing the bond you are your brother develop more and more every day is a constant reminder to me of the amazing blessing, gift, and privilege being a mother is!  Words really can't express how much we love you, boy!!  You truly have added a new dimension and perspective to our family!!  We love you!

Daddy, Mommy, and Colty