Friday, October 7, 2011

Babies, Babies, Babies and 6 Years!

Our seemingly "small" playgroup is growing by LEAPS and BOUNDS! So many of my sweet mama friends are having second babies, which really is wonderful in so many more ways than one! It gives me some extra support from women knowing what it is like to have a toddler and a newborn, and hopefully it means that Cade will have some instant friends! The other really exciting thing as that it seems to be BOYS, BOYS, BOYS, and being a mama of two boys, I can't help but be biased and think boys are AWESOME! I love it! Here is a pic of me with two sweet mama friends at a shower last weekend. My friend, Jenny, in the middle just had a 9 pound baby boy on Tuesday morning named Benjamin!! It actually wasn't her shower, it was another mom-to-be's shower, but I love this picture my sweet friend Tracy sent me. She was kind enough to host the special event! (As you can see, I get to sport Cade a lot - he is quite the fashion statement! ;)) Just kidding, it was fun and he LOVED all the attention he got! Kevin and Colt got some good bonding time at the park that morning!


And, talking about more babies, Cade and I have been lucky enough to participate in an infant playgroup on Thursday mornings while Colt boy is in school! I am not sure how much he gets out of it at this point, but it sure is fun to see some other babies and to carve out some special time just for Cade during our insanely busy weeks! It will be so fun to see how these babies change and grow as they get older. Each month makes such a huge difference! I have never remembered my camera for one of these playgroups, as I am usually tearing out the door in a flurry, but here is a picture one of the other mamas took. You can see Cade in the background. Now we have two more members, so there is usually 5 or 6 sweet babes to play with!
This stage of life is exceptionally wild, but one night when Kevin and I had gotten both boys down for bed, I told him how crazy life is and we laughed about some of the crazy things and conversations we had had that day with Colt. Then Kevin sweetly reminded me one day I will miss this craziness, even though it can get overwhelming and mundane from day to day. Such a true statement! And, that is just one of the reasons that made me fall in love with such a wonderful man, who can always ground me and put things into perspective for me, even on my most frazzled days! And, today is 6 YEARS we have been married! Happy Anniversary, Kev! Life is never boring and I am so thankful to have your hand in this parenting adventure! Much love!