Sunday, December 28, 2008

Starting to Show (just a little)

I have noticed in the last couple days my pants are getting a tiny bit tight around the waist. I keep telling myself I am just bloated (maybe wishful thinking!). So, for the fun of it, I told Kevin to take a few quick pictures this morning so we can track my progress over time. After looking at the pictures, I think (or at least hope it isn't anything else) I am showing just a little! On Friday we had our NT scan and the baby was measuring 13 weeks 1 day, so today he/she should be measuring 13 weeks 3 days. The baby is 2.75 inches long and is growing at a VERY rapid rate! Each time we go in the baby is getting bigger and bigger for the gestational age (which should just be 12 weeks 3 days today). So, he/she is measuring a whole week big! I am so thankful the baby is growing well, but it makes me a tiny bit nervous since Kevin was a 10 pound baby! I was only a few ounces over 7 pounds, so I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Our other WONDERFUL news is that the NT scan went great! We are so thankful! This is truly an answer to prayer! The baby had a very prominent nasal bone and the fluid behind the baby's neck was in the normal range - PRAISE GOD. We need to wait for the blood results for a "definitive" result, but so far, so good! For more info on the scan you can check out this link: http://www.babycenter.com/0_nuchal-translucency-screening_118.bc